Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This five-wicket haul is very special: Jadeja

LONDON: India's newest 'Man Friday' Ravindra Jadeja feels that secret of his success lies in "keeping things simple" which helped him get a career-best of five for 36 against West Indies in a group league of Champions Trophy on Tuesday.

"This is my best bowling performance and I am very happy about it. I have had three four-wicket hauls, but this one is special. I just tried to keep things simple," Jadeja said in a post-match media conference at the Ken Barrington Cricket Center at The Oval.

"I was just aiming to bowl the right line which I did. The Oval wicket was dry and affording spin and I wasn't surprised by the conditions even if it was overcast," Jadeja said.

Jadeja said he has worked on his game in the last six months and always tried to keep things simple.

"Earlier, I would strategize too much and get all mixed up. Now I just come for a game and adjust to the conditions and play my best," he said.

The Saurashtra all-rounder thanked his skipper for showing faith in his abilities.

"Mahi bhai is a thinking captain. He can read your abilities very well and I am happy I am doing the job for him," Jadeja said, adding with a smile: "I still can't figure out why he calls me Sirji."

Jadeja said he wasn't scared that West Indies had big hitters in their ranks like Kieron Pollard andChris Gayle.

"It is always better to think what I can do and not worry about batsmen. I was able to bowl a straight forward line and the batsmen made the mistakes," Jadeja said, adding India's biggest plus was their fielding.

"All our fielders are very good. We don't have a single player whom we need to hide in the field. We have the correct balance in the team and that's the biggest advantage for us," Jadeja said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |